Staying safe is paramount to when you finally take the deep dive into the wonderful world of online dating. Going on a date with a person you’ve never met before can be nerve-wracking!
While writing a BeNaughty review to help you rack up as most casual dates and one-night stands as possible would no doubt have been entertaining as well, we believe the best way to approach the matter is to ensure the playing field is equally secure for everyone involved.
Online dating sites are a superb place to try and find love, but oftentimes they might be hosting more undesirables than you’d expect. While dating on the internet is generally safe as long as you take precautions, it’s easy to see how all manners of predators could be preying upon the naive and the confused, trying to take advantage of them.
That’s why we think it’s best if you’re equipped to deal with any unpleasant situations that might arise when first getting to know someone and if you know how to protect your poor heart from a potential emotional disaster.
Protecting Yourself While Dating
There are few things worse than going on a date with a person that is rude and uncaring. It’s even worse if they show signs of aggression or if they’re more creepy than they seem online. The best way to get back home safely is to learn how to guard yourself!
- Do Your Research – It’s easy to lie on the internet. Anyone can do it. That’s why it’s best to inform yourself for when it comes to your potential date’s lifestyle choices. It would be wise to find out more about them so that you know what you’re getting into.
The best way to do so is to try and Google their username or their real name, together with their vague address. If you have their mobile phone number, then you can use that to search for more information about them as well.
The purpose of this exercise is not so much to stalk them but to find out what type of person you’re going to be dating. Our suggestion? Run a background check if you’re not fully comfortable or if something seems off. Might cost you a couple of dollars, but better safe than sorry.
- Take New Pictures for Your Profile – It’s very easy to track someone down by searching their picture on the internet. If the pictures you have on your dating account are the same you have on your social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, then people can search your dating profile pictures and quite easily locate your social media profiles as well. Scary, right?
- Practice Safe First Date Methods – A smart idea is to never let your first date know where you live, either by picking you up or by sending an Uber your way. It’s best never to disclose your address unless it’s to someone you completely trust.
Another integral part of safe dating is to make sure your first date is in a public location where you can easily get help if needed. Ideally, you should also inform a friend about where you’re going out on a date and with whom, so they can forward this information to the police in case anything happens to you.
How to Avoid a Heartbreak
This is a story we’ve all gone through at least once in our lives: you meet someone that’s amazing, you fall in love head over heels, and then they break your heart in some cruel manner or another. No worries – this guide also covers guarding your heart in a relationship, so you’re in luck.
- Date Smart, With Your Brain – It’s all too easy to get swept away by all the wonderful feelings coalescing in your bosom, but no matter how many butterflies you’ve got for someone, it’s always important to remember to date not just with your heart, but with your brain as well.
The heart is sometimes blind to certain things and could lead to a situation in which you would get it hurt were you not to guard it carefully. If you’ve found what seems like a good partner for yourself, then take it easy, be careful, and don’t let yourself be vulnerable too early!
- Remember Yourself – Let’s say everything went fine, and the person you’re dating is wonderful enough to be able to relax and let your guard down. While you don’t have to worry about exposing your vulnerabilities and getting them trampled any longer, you still have to remember who you are and what makes you happy as a person.
You might be tempted to ignore what you’ve enjoyed up to this point in your life and to throw yourself into your new partner’s hobbies and activities, but it’s important to remember not to neglect yourself for when it comes to anything. In the end, remember – you can spend your whole life in a relationship with a great partner, but if they pass away before you do, then what then?
Not Getting Ahead of Yourself
Love is powerful enough to make you forget yourself. It’s easy to start making plansfor the future, to see your partner as being much more dreamy than they are, and to ignore potential red flags.
Our suggestion? Don’t. Take it one step at a time, and don’t rush into anything. And stop taking things to heart! If your partner can’t go on a date with you this Tuesday, then it’s probably because they have something important to do, not because you’re not worthwhile!
Don’t fall into the trap of getting swept away by the currents of love. Let them guide you and bring you joy, but not dictate your whole life.
Famous Love Quotes
“Suddenly life has new meaning to me, there’s beauty up above and things we never take notice of, you wake up suddenly you’re in love.” – Billy Ocean
“True love is not a hide-and-seek game; in true love, both lovers seek each other.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust